Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Period 1-Semester Final

1. My favorite photograph from that Lens slideshow is the third picture. Three reasons why it is my favorite photograph from that particular Lens slideshow is because there is color everywhere, I could see a lot of texture, and the photographer was capable of taking a picture of Barack Obama, which means he did ask for permission before taking the picture. Some other additional reasons why this would be my favorite photograph is that it looks so modern, and the photographer was able to actually get permission to get into the private property of the White House as it is usually restricted to just past the surrounding gates of the White House.

2. The ninth photograph in that Lens show is the best photograph. This is because the photographer had managed to have texture in the picture he took, he was capable of taking a proper picture in the fog that could still make the deer and the bird visible, and he was capable of showing the bushes from the distance, which takes a lot of great talent. Some other reasons why it is the best picture is because the rule of depth is also being applied as there seems to be some depth perception between the deer and the bushes in the background. Another thing is that the bushes in the background look black because of the fog in the dark, but the leaves of the tree really close have the greenish color visible.

3. My best work from this semester would be my album cover. This was my best work, since I did a lot of editing for this picture, the banana in the front looks like it is closer than the bananas in the back, and I added a turquoise background all over the picture, and made the bananas in the back have a small turquoise color. I might have probably found a good way to add some relevant words to the album cover to make it match the original album cover if I did have more time, so that it would be as both the album cover I had created and the original album cover would have a bunch of great similarities. My link to the blog is http://karpalphotographer.blogspot.com/.

4. My three rules of photography composition are the rule of background, the rule of depth, and the rule of thirds.

5.

This picture above illustrates me of using two of my three selected rules of photography composition. The two rules of photography composition I have used in this photograph above is the rule of thirds and the rule of background though in my blog post, I have mentioned it only for my rule of thirds. My rule of depth is also being used in this picture above. The rule of background shows the tree as well as the wall in the distance. The rule of depth shows this walkway between the plants to the left of it as well as the dirt to the right of it, which also explains my rule of thirds, which shows the proportion between the plants, walkway, and the dirt. 

6. It would be The Rule of Thirds. 

7. The benefits of working in groups are that it would be faster, more efficient, and more progressive. Also, I can make new friends with the people whom I am in a group with, and I can learn about them and their personal lives. Also, I can rely on them sometimes whenever their help is really necessary, and I can ask them for help whenever it is necessary. Also, I can share my ideas with them, and in return, they will share their ideas with me, and of course, they will share their ideas with each other. I can also learn from them how they manage to do a task that I am not capable of accomplishing, and I can also teach them how to accomplish a task I am capable of accomplishing. 

8. The difficulties of working in groups are that it can be hard to adjust to people that I do not know, and for them to adjust to me. It can be hard to gain their trust as well as them gaining my trust, since I could be suspicious of my group members, and they could also be suspicious of me. Also, whenever I am in a group, I would have to find an idea that all my other group members would agree with, and that can be hard if we all have different interests. Another thing that could make my group waste time is if I have a member in my group that is not cooperating and doing his part like he is supposed to do in order for the group to function properly. 

9. My favorite project produced my another person would be the Masters of Photography Project of Eugene Atget by James Qiao. I was also working with him on this project in December. It would be because his pictures match the original pictures a lot, and he found a lot of original pictures that were unique, and the coloring was suitable. He was even posting the original picture to the way it was before editing it before actually editing it, and he was even Eugene Atget's pictures to show which photographs of what the edited pictures were based on. The link to it is:   http://jamesqiao.blogspot.com/.       

10. Eugene Atget was the master photographer whom I was studying about for my Masters of Photography Project back in December, and I was reproducing his work for the project by recreating five of his pictures to match what Eugene Atget would have taken when he was still alive. He was contributing to the world by sharing his interests and taking photographs of all the things he saw in his life, so people later on would remember what he was thinking about, and what he was interested in. He was also publishing his pictures, as that was how people later on found about his photographs, which then made him a famous photographer. 

11. Her most popular photograph was the "Migrant Mother", which was taken in Nipomo, California in 1936. She was employed for the Resettlement Administration when she took that photograph in 1936. 

12. The Life Magazine was first published in 1936.

13. Elvis Presley was born in January 8, 1935. 

14. Robert Capa had founded Magnum Photos, and it had started in 1947. 
                                                                                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment